Sunday 8 December 2013

Twenty Seven Things about being 27 (Kind of)

Hey guys, as you may well of heard it was my birthday last week and I turned the grand age of Twenty Seven. As some of you know i'm not really a birthday person... However this year I had a really awesome birthday. 


 The lovely chaps at work gave me a bag full of goodies, yum! 

My Mum bought this yummy cake.... 
Yummmm
Which in turn lead to this face of regret after eating copious amounts of said cake. 
I also went to see Shed Seven, on my Twenty Seventh birthday and I have loved them since I was Seventeen! perhaps Seven is my lucky number. 

Moving swiftly on, I thought I would dedicate this to a list of twenty seven things. 

Lets start with the five things I do solemnly swear I will do. Rather than doing my new years resolutions which always fail, I have decided to make these promises to myself now.

1) I will be more decisive, even if its deciding between a quarter pounder or a double cheeseburger. Neither of these things are life changing, it should not take me ten minutes to choose.
2) Whilst on this thread, I will get fitter, even if it's only slightly. 
3) I will take better care of my skin, I do not want a raisin face. I even wrote a blog about this, bought all the cleanse, tone and moisturise stuff but only used it twice. I would quite like to continue telling people my age for them to tell me I only look about twenty two.
The alternative being the awkward silence when someone guesses my age to be Fifty when i'm thirty but have not used any skincare products. 
Source: themetapicture.com
4) I will see more of the world, which is my excuse for buying this oversized map. 
5) I will wear my glasses more so as not to completely destroy my eyes with contact lenses, as hard as it is to cope with them constantly being smudged. I will TRY. 
Doesn't mean I have to like it. 
Six things I am looking forward to in the next year. 


6) Going to Rome and Berlin. Not booked yet, will happen though. 
7) Finding something to do with my life that is fulfilling, even if it is only something I do alongside the way I earn money. 
8) Moving into my own place, hopefully in a city. 

Source: Flickr.com


I know the above picture is New York, I won't be moving to New York sadly, but I love the picture. 
9) Learning to drive. vrroooommm.... 
Source: teluguone.com
10) More adventures with these two nutters.
11) and these...

                     

Laura you weren't in barca so this was the best i could do!

aaaand my six favourite things about being 26!
12) Holidays to Barcelona, Cyprus and V Festival all of which included the best people in the world. 
13) Unlucky for some, but not me I had an excellent time even when I wasn't gallivanting. Met some excellent people this year. 
14) Writing this occasional blog, even if they do take FOREVER to write. 
15) Learning just how much control I have over my temper, most of the people who I work with have an insane amount of patience. Even when you feel like your face may melt with rage. 

16) Visiting Liverpool and Manchester have to be on this list somewhere. 
freeeee cocktails! 
17) GUYS I CAN'T DO TWENTY SEVEN it's taking toooo long and I want to go and live and by live I mean finish my wine and watch The Great Gatsby. 

As a side note to this I am wearing my glasses so TICK on number five. Also I just spilled my wine allllllllll over me so I am for sure growing old gracefully. 
I really hope all of you have had weekends as spiffing as mine. I hope this list hasn't been TOO boring. 

Work tomorrow. 
Enjoy tonight! 
Love you!
Love, (slightly older) me. 

twitter: @nataliefurlong 

No comments:

Post a Comment