Thursday 31 January 2013

It Finally Happened

So as you guys out there in cyberspace probably know due to a few of my past blogs, I am a massive chicken when it comes to scary things... well.

It finally happened, after years of waiting... 

The girl from The Ring finally came to get me in the middle of the night. 
Source: Imdb.com
(I just googled the ring and my heart is hammering because I saw a picture of the girl)
I was laying in bed hugging my pillow as I always do, beginning to think and dream of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings. Just as I was beginning to slip off into the land of nod I heard a curious noise. Having lived alone before when I hear a strange noise in the night I immediately assume someone is creeping into the house to murder me. 
Source: mikamiteru37.deviantart.com
My heart hammering I told myself not to be ridiculous, at the same time I was straining my ears to see if I could hear any movement in the house... Nope, there I knew I was being insane. 
This has all been a bit scary so far so lets have a picture of a puppy and a kitten snoozing to lighten the mood a bit. 
Source: dilshil.com
Immediately as I thought everything was fine and dandy, the handle of my bedroom door creaked, my entire body tensed as I frantically tried to think of something I could reach to use to protect myself. I opened my eye sightly and looked towards the door not daring to breathe as it slowly opened the only sound the slight squeaking of the hinges. There in the doorway stood... The girl from The Ring. 

This is what I saw
Source: thegypsytraveljournal.blogspot.com
This is how I felt
Source: zedge.net
Never have I felt my heart accelerate at such speed, I'm fairly sure I was close to having a heart attack. The girl just stood there, not moving or speaking... My brain worked at about a million miles an hour trying to understand how the girl from The Ring had got into my house, how after terrifying me for years she had finally tracked me down. She had clawed her way out of that deep dark well and found her way to my bedroom door. I'm not going to lie here and say I jumped up with a bat and saved myself, I did what all us chickenish people do and froze completely and broke out in a cold sweat. I was about to die at the hands of the most horrendous child horror film star ever...

As my brain caught up and I recognised the over sized Disneyland tee shirt and long brown hair of my twelve year old sister, stood sleepwalking. It took me every ounce of self control not to shout every swearword under the sun. 

Eventually off she went back to bed. I lay back down and my heart gradually returned to it's normal rhythm (that's a reaaaaaally hard word to spell) 

Turns out she hasn't come for me yet after all. 

Source: homepage.ntlworld.com
Source: Funnyasduck,com
 
Happy Thursday. 

Love you!
Love, me. 

Tweet: @nataliefurlong
Tumblr: natfurlong.tumblr.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment