Tuesday 13 September 2011

Two posts in as many days, not that anyone is reading. But still this feels good, like i am achieving something i have wanted to do for ages.. writing. I used to write all the time when i was at uni, for courses, for me, for anything! Because i have been using the internet on my phone because my laptop is on the fritz whenever i sit at a computer it all seems MASSIVE. 


This blog writing malarkey is turning out to be a very cathartic thing. currently I'm sitting in my biggest warmest scruffiest grey hoodie in a dim room and my feet are slightly too cold. But I'm listening to Travis on spotify a band whom i have loved for as long as i can remember loving music. Its funny because now listening to them transports me back to being seventeen and travelling around the country with my best friend Ellie. It reminds me of being in London at Christmas time when everything was magical and nothing seemed impossible. It reminds me of glitter and Starbucks and laughing until you cant breathe anymore, It reminds me of Smirnoff ice and of fish and chips. It reminds me of Harrods and of awe. I love that about music, truly it can transport you anywhere. 


But Travis for me will always remind me of Ellie and I and of knowing I could do anything and that anything was possible. As i write this i miss my friend so much, she only lives an hour away but we have been through so much together amazing and devastating and she is and will always be the person I can look at across a crowded room and communicate something with a look. 


Anyway! Awesome times. 



No comments:

Post a Comment