Sunday 17 March 2013

Pink Jelly Beans that taste like Banana

Sometimes in life, you eat a pink jelly bean that tastes like banana and it makes you question everything you have ever known. 

Last night I was just chilling out and munching on a few of these bad boys...
Source: coolbrands.uk.com
When, as the title of this blog suggests, I selected a pink one expecting either 'candyfloss' or 'pink grapefruit' but no. Banana. BANANA?! 
Tumblr.com
Then I got to thinking about a few other things that are not all they seem to be. 

It's no real secret that I enjoy a glass of wine or two, white or rose and i'm your friend Red wine though, really? ... Really?!
Source: telegraph.co.uk

Expectation
blog.ribena.co.uk
Reality
mysupermarket.co.uk
Rather typically i'm fairly sure that red wine is the only one with any health benefits what so ever! Who drinks wine to be healthy anyway? I think i'll just have a beer. 

Another pink jellybean has to go to, cotton buds, or Qtips depending on where you are reading this from. 
Source: Improbable.com
On all boxes of these you will find a warning, 'Do not insert these into your inner ear'. I'm sorry but these were blatantly invented to be put in your ears and then i'm fairly sure people who were too over zealous at shoving these in their ears because it feels so good there were popped ear drums all over the place. So then they decided these were only for putting on make up, and cleaning between babies toes.  
Well cotton buds. I call BULLSHIT. We all know what you are really for, even if you are prepared to lie. 

Lets talk about how umbrellas are meant to be awesome at keeping you dry. 
This is everything I want from an umbrella. 
Source:photographyblogger.net
In reality how often do we really get rain without wind? As soon as you mix rain and wind together you no longer have a cute/ whimsical umbrella keeping you dry. You enter into a crazy game of predicting the wind direction. A few weeks ago I entered into this very game whilst waiting for the bus to take me into town. It was actually quite fun despite the water running up my arm and one side of my body slowly soaking up a few liters of water. Until someone else came and stood at the bus stop. I promise you the pressure of having a spectator nearly made me crack. 
Source: keepbusy.net
I won. 
Next time though i'm doing this. 
Source: quitor.com
Deciding to start a blog and post it publicly on my Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr is the final thing I will talk about today. Although it is fun and I absolutely love writing this blog, what I didn't think about was that whenever I start a new job and the people there add me on Facebook. Maybe not straight away but eventually they will realise what I am actually like and how ridiculous I really am. New work friends, if you are reading this... Welcome. 
Source: http://funny-pics-fun.com/funny-compilations/happy-saint-patricks-day
Happy St Patrick's Daaaay! 

Love you! 
Love, me. 

@nataliefurlong

No comments:

Post a Comment