Thursday 28 June 2012

Nostalgic

This evening I was watching Florence and the Machine at this years Hackney Weekend, she played 'You've Got The Love'...



You know when a song just takes you back to a moment in time, where the memory is so strong it kind of just takes over your brain for a minute. This song, well, the original version reminds me of finishing my first year of university, It reminds me of going back to halls after my final exam and drinking and dancing like a fool in order to avoid having to pack up my room. It also reminds me of the realisation that I had actually managed to do something that terrified me. I had successfully moved away from home to a strange city, made friends and loved it. 

For months and months before moving away me and my best friend literally avoided talking about moving away to uni because of the sheer terror we both felt at the prospect of it. Any time someone tried to talk about it they were met with...
alltheragefaces.com
There are so many amazing memories from that first year away from home, hopefully I will share them on here... eventually. One of my favorites that is coming really soon is about the time I have been the most scared in my entire life. Even now it makes me smile and feel a little bit terrified all at the same time.  

I wish I had a photo of us partying in halls to show you guys but it was before the time of Facebook and Myspace and I just am too lazy to look one out. 

But don't think that means I don't love you guys loads! 
Because I do! 

Sorry this wasn't a funny/ embarrassing story... More of those are coming soon. 

Love you, 
Love Me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment