Thursday 20 September 2012

Winter isn't all bad!

I'm just going to come out and say it. 

I LOVE WINTER 

There, I've said it! As much as I do love the summer because it generally means getting to hang out with friends while it's still light late into the evening and weekends at the beach, or sunbathing in the park... Oh no wait, we live in England and it just rains ALL SUMMER LONG. 

Expectation of summer:
Source: Standard.co.uk
Reality: 
Source: Guardian.co.uk
Also I think that a little bit of me still connects summer with being off on holiday from school or University which when I didn't have a job meant endless summer weeks of adventures and fun. When really going to work from 9-5 Monday to Friday and only feeling the sunshine (if it isn't raining) on your 30 minute lunch break.

So that was all a bit negative... here's the reasons I love winter! 

1) Christmas! Duh, Amazing!
2) Hats, I fricking love hats.
3) Gloves 
4) Scarves 
Source: Cutestpaw.com
5) You don't have to feel bad about staying indoors
6) You don't get sunburn within 3 minutes of leaving the house! You can just walk around outdoors NOT getting burnt! 
7) TV always gets more dramatic towards Christmas
8) Hoodies 
9) Wellies! 
10) Winter food is just tasty. 
11) Mulled Wine 
12) It's darker for longer! I like night time... When i'm not busy thinking about scary things creeping around the house. 
13) Snow, I do hate it when said snow turns to a sheet of ice. Still love how pretty everything is though! 
Source Mymodernmet.com
14) Christmas Markets 
15) Cosy Pubs 
16) The absence of those scary girls who wear the shorts that let there arse hang out... you know the ones. 
17) When you wake up in winter and the weather is rubbish you can think, oh well it is winter. Unlike the despair you feel when you wake up and it's been raining all week... in august. 
18) Same goes for sunshine in winter. Sunny cold days are the absolute best. 
19) Starbucks Gingerbread Lattes 
20) Bonfire night
Source: Painsfireworks.co.uk
21) Giant slipper socks
22) Trips to visit friends in different cities. Liverpool is awesome in the winter. 
Source: Flickr.com
That's 22 reasons not to get depressed because winter is nearly here! 

Anyway guys hope your week is going splendidly, I need to go and get ready to meet the lovely Kim for coffee and a catch up. Kim you are now blog famous. 

stolen from Facebook
Love you! 
Love, me.

@Nataliefurlong

No comments:

Post a Comment