Tuesday 27 March 2012

Shoes, shoes and more shoes.

Hello Lovlies, today's post comes to you from indoors, despite my computer thermometer telling me its 21 degrees, I managed about an hour wandering around town, ten minutes outside in the garden shuddering because there was a gigantic wasp in the kitchen and three and a half minutes running in and out of the kitchen trying to shoo said wasp. 


Anyway you're probably reading this and thinking, there is nothing here about shoes, shoes and more shoes, so here you go. Basically this is about my astonishment at girls ability to go on a night out wearing huge heels, this is something I have never managed to achieve myself. 
Example: 
On Saturday my lovely friend Ellie wore these lovely shoes
                                           
I should probably quite quickly say that these are not the exact shoes she wore but they were very high and very very glittery, now my first reaction after I manage to tear my eyes away from the sparklyness and stop myself ooohing is, Holy shit you're going to break and ankle. Please see below my footwear for the evening. 
And I was impressed that my shoes where shiny (and leopard print inside!!). Now if you know me in real life you will one hundred percent recognise the shoes in the second picture as something I would be likely to buy/wear. Below you will find my usual daily footwear...

These are just general day to day shoes, comfy as you like
These were my bargain shoes, cute i thought for summer.
Annnyyhoooo this here post is as a salute to all you girly girls who manage to wear heels everyday and do it gracefully, this is also a salute to all you occasional heels wearers because god only knows I would break both ankles if I attempted it!! Another reason being, I hate, hate hate the burning foot thing after dancing like a fool for a few hours, which generally carries on to the following day! Ellie woke up the following day and i'm pretty sure one of her first utterings was something like 'Oh my god my feet are burning'

Sack that, give me flats anytime :D 

I may not own the cutest shoes in the world but I'm pretty sure I'm in the running for cutest nail clippers...


So there's my take on shoes, darlings with burning feet, I salute you, but I really don't envy you! 
Time to take my cold feets into the kitchen to make some dinner. We both know that now I'm gonna spill something hot on them. Damn. 

x


No comments:

Post a Comment