Wednesday 28 March 2012

We need to talk about.. The Hunger Games!

Guys! We need to talk about The Hunger Games! I went to see it this morning having read the books about five months ago, I had pretty much forgotten how awesome it was!! 
here's the thing though, I very nearly had an emotional breakdown about 4 times. 


The first of these being at the beginning at the reaping, even though I knew what our lovely Katniss was going to do, I felt like this.
The yellowy orange blob over my throat is there to represent the burning fire of doom that takes over my throat when I am trying not to cry. At this point I knew I was in for a bumpy ride! 
Mostly I loved the fact the film stuck so closely to the book, it is my pet hate when they cut massive chunks out of a story. I loved the dynamic between Katniss and Peeta, especially when he grabbed her hand at the opening ceremony thing. Naww.


Next emotional breakdown only really takes one word. Rue. 
Aside the film being tragically sad at points most of it was really exciting and kept you gripped right through to the end, I always think with films like this I wish I could see the film without having read the book, but I usually just can't let myself do that in case they miss something out! 
There is just one other part I want to bring up, having read the book i knew exactly what was about to happen, so when it jumped out of the trees why the frick did I nearly jump through the cinema screen?!
Yep guys, that's me today a jumpy, scared and over emotional weirdo. 
just a tip, don't google terrified faces. I nearly fainted, twice.

LOVED IT, go see it, go see it, goseeit!!

with love,

Natsface

Because this post was a bit depressing and had my face all over it. Enjoy this Natnemo.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment