Sunday 11 March 2012

King Charles

The sun is shining! YES! I can't wait for summer this year, I think sometimes you just need sunshine. Everything feels different on a sunny day rather than when its grey or gloomy!

Anyway, My lovely friend Clare called me last week to see if i fancied going to an impromptu gig in Durham, after umming and aaahing I thought what the heck.. and off we went, to see this rather dashing man King Charles 
Now if you haven't heard these guys simply watching them on youtube does NOT do them justice in the slightest, although still pretty darn awesome on the internet. These guys live are just super! Their lead singer Ooozes confidence but not in an arrogant way. The band behind him were faultless and the two dancing girls in the background just finished off this bizarre yet totally justified set up. let me take just one step back and say that as we stood by the bar and the king himself was sat at the merchandise store I whispered to Clare *he looks like a pirate, but I like it!*. despite the venue not being packed out the fans that were there sure made up for the numbers with their evident dedication, knowing and singing every lyric. They started off with two songs that immediately grabbed you and forced you to bop around with the rest of the crowd. But it was their third song Animal Desires that really sealed the deal. The big drums came out and so did the crazy dancing, though most of the song I alternated between looking on in awe and dancing around like a bit of a loon. As it came to a close I looked at Clare... Clare looked at me and we both said... THAT WAS EPIC!   


This was our faces 

And the guy has the coolest hair you have ever seen in your life, the face came out again when the hair came out! 
So basically this band knows how to party. Get yourself to a gig before they get massive and it costs a fortune. 


Here's a cheeky video x

No comments:

Post a Comment