Tuesday 6 November 2012

Glasses Shopping Sucks!

Hey Guys

I think I have spoken to you before about my hate of going to the opticians for an eye test... Allow me to just shamelessly add the link in here:
http://furtivelittlefeelings-manic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/sight-for-sore-eyes.html 
Getting your eyes tested isn't actually the only traumatising thing about a visit to the opticians, you sometimes have to choose glasses too. Now to those of you who don't wear glasses you are probably wondering why I am writing a whole post dedicated to the horror of it. Well imagine you were only allowed one coat/ jumper/  pair of trousers or shoes for the next year or so, but you had to wear them on your face. 

My lovely friend Ellie said she had to go and choose some new glasses and being the good friend I am i agreed to go and help. Ellie has been seen on this blog before, Anywhoo here she is again (on the left)


And again on the day we met Nicki Minaj.
Wine... oh wine. 
So with no real system in mind we started having a browse through some glasses, and then some more, and then some more. After about forty minutes we realised that we now had lost our minds and had absolutely no idea which ones she had tried and which ones she hadn't. Pro tip for glasses shopping: For the love of god come up with a system. We carried on and about half an hour later were both now vowing to become glasses designers because all the glasses here were just not right!  

Source: thedigeratilife.com
Some were far too big like this: 
Source: ciarasdiary.wordpress.com
Some were too small like this: 
Source: quickmeme.com
And some where just plain bizarre: 

We eventually managed to find a decent pair of glasses. What's that I hear you cry? Well no I can't actually show you them. So in hindsight I should have saved this blog until I had permission to reveal the final choice, but I didn't so deal with it! I will get the lovely Ellie to send me a photo of her with the finished article for a follow up blog. 
 
In other news I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween and Bonfire night! I certainly did, My lovely Mum can been seen in this photo with her birthday cake as made my me: 
Love you Mum!! 
A close up of the cake, because this is my blog and I want to show off a bit... 
Omm Nom nom
God it's been so long I have a lot I want to say. I'm going to write a list of the blogs I need to do and hope this helps me actually write them!  

Lastly if you are reading this from the states PLEASE go and vote today! 

Have a lovely Tuesday evening. 

Love you!
Love, Me. 

Also: Come find me on Twitter - @NatalieFurlong 
Tumblr: natfurlong.tumblr.com

That's it. BYE
Source:alltheragefaces.com

No comments:

Post a Comment