Monday 19 November 2012

Writers are forgetful - Forgive me?


To all of my wonderful friends and family who may sometimes feel forgotten... I promise I haven't forgotten you! I stumbled across this on Tumblr and thought it summed me up rather well, I have had a million conversations where people are surprised at the detail I can remember of a relatively random situation, yet their birthday/ Christmas/ anniversary card turned up about a month too late with profound apologies. 

I genuinely think I have a condition that stops me remembering important days and physically stops me from writing them down. Upon seeing the writing below I now understand it is in no way my fault... Right? I also realise this is written about falling in love BUT imagine it isn't and it's just talking about everyday things... I LOVE all of you! 

Writers are forgetful,
but they remember everything.
They forget appointments and anniversaries,
but remember what you wore,
how you smelled,
on your first date…
They remember every story you’ve ever told them - 
like ever,
but forget what you’ve just said.
They don’t remember to water the plants
or take out the trash,
but they don’t forget how
to make you laugh.

Writers are forgetful 
because
they’re busy 
remembering 
the important things.

(Source: http://ofheightsandhollows.tumblr.com/)

I aim to be better at writing and remembering the small and big things next year. I vow to buy a diary and a calendar and use both at least until the end of January 2013. 

Love you, 
Love, me.

Also I really like this font, do you? I might change from Arial to Trebuchet from now on. Trebuchet - that is a good word, i've just googled it and its one of those massive caterpult things from medieval times. Is that a bad message to send? I just don't know. 

@NatalieFurlong

No comments:

Post a Comment