Thursday 3 May 2012

First day at school, I mean work

Today was my first day at a new job and because I love you all so much i'm not going to lie. My brain is fried. 
Mmm Fried.
So I'm going to begin at the beginning (and try not to just sing frank turner at you).
I got on the bus and told the driver which stop I needed. Me being super awesome looked it up on traveline and it gave me a stop by stop thing. According to traveline I was only going to be on the bus for about twenty minutes. However the bus driver had never heard of the stop I was talking about, Fourty minutes later I was almost having a heart attack when the bus finally stopped somewhere that was close to the place I needed to be. Turns out it does a huge loop (I think) but anyway I did get there on time and wasn't late. Hoorahs! 
Its a confetti cannon, duh.
I wasn't shunned which is always a bonus, everyone seems nice enough but at the moment my head is just battered (much like the above chicken) with all the information that was thrown at us today. My nerves pretty much went away as soon as I walked into the building, I guess because I had no choice but to just man the hell up. There was a slightly awkward moment at the beginning when three of the nine of us newbies were chatting away and the rest of us just sat feeling quite awkward, but we soon got over that! 
I dare not write in too much detail about it. It was fine, seems to be lots to learn so I've stocked up on painkillers to get me through tomorrow. Good news? 
Booyahh!!
Its funny how much it felt like today was a first day of school, we all sat round the desks looking up at our 'teacher', put our hands up when we had a question, went on our breaks when we were told and I managed to get the giggles a few times. I make an excellent first impression. 
Not a school picture. Lets just pretend it is though.
Fingers crossed that its not too bad once I actually know what i'm doing. Once you have worked for a call centre I think everything just seems exponentially better than that. But we shall see. Just to reassure you this really won't turn into a 'feelings' blog, I rarely have feelings (hah). I'm sure tomorrow I will fall down some stairs or dribble water down my chin which is enough to keep us amused for the next few days. 

I also have a strange pain in my leg. 
hmm

Love, Me.
x

Twittah: @NatalieFurlong

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this. It tends to be how I feel when I first start a job. The awkwardness is always so silly after your first conversations with a few people :) We iz all humanz afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are indeed! I have only just seen this comment and will now love you forever.

    ReplyDelete