Wednesday 16 May 2012

Walk, don't run!

Well hello!


So it seems the theme of these recently has been a lot about falling over. Mainly because I am a cruel beast today's blog is going to be about my sister and the most epic fall I have seen in a while. 


This was a few years ago and we were travelling back from a family reunion in Scotland...


This is a more recent reunion but ...you know!
We're driving back on the Monday after a pretty hectic weekend and my sister who apparently has the bladder the size of a peanut needs to use the loo... again. To say we stopped at almost every service station would be a pretty accurate description, and because I like to be  cozy bunny when I travel... 
Source: flickr.com
I was just wearing some baggy jeans and a hoodie. (this becomes relevant in a sec) So by the time we pulled into the service station my sister was wailing that she HAD to go NOW! To call the weather outside rain would be an understatement.  it was more like a river running straight from the sky. oh hang on that's called a waterfall.
Source: johncammish.co.uk
Out of the car we did leap and I instantly almost lost my jeans because I hadn't worn a belt because I am a logical lady. (seeee relevance!) My sister being the indiscreet darling that she is screamed about it to just about anyone within a 50 mile radius before creasing over and laughing hysterically. Awesome. 
Source: experiences.mediumintraining.com
Fear not though guys, like I have told you before. Karma is a bitch!
She turned to run inside (I should probably tell you at this point she was about nine  ha) and didn't see the path ahead was made out of tile. TILE. Have you ever heard what a child sounds like hitting a wet tile ground at speed? No? Go and wet your hands and clap really loud. That. 
Source: hahastop.com
Source: failin.com
Not only did this kid slap the ground she skidded at extreme speed for about ten meters, in front of a glass window, in the rain, whilst wearing a white skirt.
My Face
Source: alltheragefaces.com



Her
Source: missinghumanmanual.com

Her Face
Source: Alltherageface.com
I picked her up/ peeled her off the ground and I'm pretty sure she was in some sort of shock because she didn't scream or cry, she just shook like a leaf in the breeze. I brought her some chocolate on the way out because guess what, i'm not a total beast. Oh how we laughed when she stopped shaking! (well I was laughing the whole time)

We all know who came out on top here. 
Hot. Abbie and Me!
ME!
Now that people at work are reading this I realise that it may not be such a good idea to carry on these shenanigans, because I have to face them every day. Oh well never stopped me before! 

Love you!
Love, me. 

@Nataliefurlong 

No comments:

Post a Comment