Saturday 7 April 2012

Anger in the Aisles

So today guys, i'm coming at you from a place of love. I want to share a few words of wisdom about something most of us have to do. Some people love it and some hate it, I myself have worked in it. Yep, the dreaded 'Weekly' Supermarket shop. I think the only time shopping in a supermarket isn't pretty much awful is when you go reaaaaalllly early in the morning, or at about eleven pm. 
Not only do you have to fend off other angry shoppers, it's angry shoppers who have a giant metal cages on wheels. They can nudge you, corner you and block you from getting where you need to be. In short shopping to me is like running the gauntlet. 
I only want some garden peas! 
Now because I am extremely well rounded and logical, whilst I was studying at university I got a job in one of the local supermarkets... ON THE CHECKOUTS. 
If shopping is something you don't really enjoy then I can categorically tell you that you will not like working on a checkout. Here's a few little things that might make getting through the checkout a little easier for you.
  1. If you get to the checkouts and realise that you have forgotten half your shopping, take your trolley and continue shopping. They will still be there when you get back. 
  2. Never go to the checkouts at either end of the shop, aim for the middle. Everyone uses the end checkouts and my word do you get pissed off. 
  3. If there is more than one person shopping you do NOT need a hand with your packing. 
  4. If the checkout operator is being overly nice to you its because they are scared you're the MYSTERY SHOPPER!
 
Basically I think if everyone would just calm down a bit shopping would be a much easier experience for all, I was shopping yesterday and a woman charged at me with her trolley so fast I started saying prayers under my breath.  
 
At the end of the day, It's just shopping. 
OH and if you go into the shop on Christmas eve and kick off at how busy it is and the fact there are are no sprouts, you are an idiot. Go home.
Never. Going. To. Happen.
Happy shopping guys. 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment