Wednesday 4 April 2012

Pickin' a Chicken!

Today guys, I have a question for you, how do you go about pickin' a frickin' chicken!? I was shopping today with my lovely friend Clare, everyone say hi to Clare... 
Hiiiii Clarreee
So after a lovely lunch we decided to go to the supermarket because she needed some good stuff to make Easter lunch with, Mmm. After missioning around the fruit and veg section of the shop in search of parsnips and a butternut squash we arrived at the chicken section. Now before we go any further I should tell you that although Clare and I have known each other for years and have even lived together at one point, we don't have the best track record for decision making. 
So here we are stood in the meat isle, looking at rows upon rows of dead chickens (yyaaayyy). How the fricking frack do you choose what you want? Corn fed, extra tasty, sage and onion, stuffed, not stuffed, free range, the horrific opposite of free range, small, medium, large or extra large! We picked up, examined poked and prodded about thirty of the best chickens that were on offer. Some were too puffy or the skin was too saggy. Some were too pale or too purple. One even looked like it had been run over by a car...
One that i touched had a pool of liquid inside the packaging but under the tray. (oh gaaaad). Anyway after what I can only describe as a lifetime a decision was made. 

Clare: I think I'll just get my mum to buy one. 
Me: Yeah that's probably for the best. 

Clare, please don't sue me for putting your face onto my blog. 
Additional Note: Clare got her hair trapped in the car door which I thought was hilarious but she wouldn't let me take a photo, don't worry guys I will get her next time. 

Peace x

No comments:

Post a Comment