Monday 30 April 2012

Lets Get Baked

I'm not gonna lie to you guys I had a rough weekend. By rough I mean severely hungover. So this morning I got up dusted myself off and decided to go to the gym, I realise this was a risky strategy because when you are feeling a bit fragile and try to do exercise you may just pass out/ die (this is what I always tell myself even though it is a lie). 
Source: Agentfunny.com
Anyway guess what, I did neither it was totally fine and when I left, I got home applied for a job and baked some yummy treats! (Which due to my awesome willpower I haven't eaten). Can you put an entire sentence in brackets? I highly doubt it but i'm not changing it now! 


Let me just say one thing here, when I write these blogs and go looking for pictures to amuse you (whoever you are) I risk my sanity. I just stumbled across a photo of the exorcist girl looking demonic I therefore won't sleep properly for a week now.  


Back to baking so I decided that Carrot Cake Cupcakes were a good choice so here's a few photos of how they looked when the first came out... 

I only made six so uh yeah. 
Then using my new crazy syringe icing thingy I made this happen. 

The icing is a little wobbly but hey it was just my first time with the new icing contraption/ majiggy! Apparently they taste really good, which is a bit of a bonus.

I also made a Lemon Meringue Pie. 
I Googled proud face.
there are no words
Source: getbrock.com
Moving on. 
Pre Assembly: 
Its upside down and i can't fix it, don't judge me. 
So I had one tiny mishap with the lemon curd wherein I forgot to add the water so what I had was something that resembled really super lemony wallpaper paste. There was a worrying moment when I just poured the water in and everything went lump and all the cornflour sort of leaked out and made everything white and scary, but not one to be defeated I stirred like a beast and it all worked out in the end. Yay. 
 
Post Assembly 
Look at the shine on that! 
Post Ovening 
Mmm
Now if i was really good i'd have waited until it was gone and taken a photo of the empty foil, but i'm not so what would be super is if you could just picture it here. 

Pie All Gone
Empty Metal Tray

However there is a small bit left in the fridge that I may just go and eat now. Don't worry this isn't going to turn into a food blog. I'm not a food blogger (well I guess I was today but that's beside the point). I just don't have the dedication or patience to wash up all the dishes everyday. 

Love, Me. 

and 

Bruce Bogtrotter. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment